Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Picture Says A Thousand Words by Lee

Hello Everyone,
it's a bit late here and I have to get up very early in the morning for the long ride back to Ho Chi Minh City tomorrow. I am going to try something different and we'll see how it goes. Now that I have pictures flowing into my email regularly from my good friend Mr. Thong, I'll try to post more pictures and say less.

On Wednesday we had a very full schedule. We visited the Medical College and were given a presentation and tour. The director had an excellent interpreter and answered all my many questions. Here are some pictures from the Medical College.


Presentation by the Director at the Medical College

Group picture after the presentation at the Medical College

Lee visits the computer lab at the Medical College

Sandy, Ms. Tanh & Lee At the Medical College

Lee talks with the interpreter at the Medical College

Lee Meets the doctor who runs the A&P Lab at the Medical College

Lee Meets one of the Nursing Instructors at the Medical College

Big group picture at the Medical College


Next we went to the temple in Rach Gia.

I just LOVE this "dragon bush"

The temple is beautiful!!

Right next to the Temple there was a free clinic that I was so happy to be able to visit.  Volunteers did all the work at the free clinic. Several elderly women were sitting outside chopping and grinding medicinal plants for making the traditional medicines. Inside the clinic additional volunteers mixed the medicinal plant ingredients in the right proportions to make a wide variety of traditional medicine prescriptions.

Volunteers working hard in the hot sun.

Volunteers preparing medicinal plant-based prescriptions.


After the visit to the free clinic we continued on to the Kien Giang Museum to learn a little community history.



Kien Giang Museum Entrance
A very big sea turtle and traditional hats at the museum.




















At the end of the day I am enjoying some Sarsi (Vietnamese version of root beer) with friends.

This is the restaurant where I learned to "pop" the hand towels--good fun!!
 Wednesday was a very full day!!!  It ended with a very relaxing dinner with our friends from Kien Giang Community College.  Sandy and I are learning so much and building wonderful friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment